Microsoft Outlook POP3 Server Settings
Are you searching for the Outlook POP3 server settings? You will require these prerequisites if you want to setup your Outlook account to a different email program that lends a hand to POP or IMAP. Using POP, you can download messages via your Outlook.com account to the device you’d chosen or email program.
- Enabling POP Access in Outlook.com
- POP access is disabled by itself for Outlook.com, so your primary job is to enable it.
If you wanna be able to open your mail and read it through your phone, you should setup outlook on the device, and for which you have to follow the below instructions :
- Go to the Settings menu (the cogwheel icon on the top ribbon)
- Select Options
- Select POP and IMAP
- Under POP options, choose Yes to let devices and apps use POP.
- Choose Save at the top.
Note that while enabling this option, you also have the choice to allow devices and apps to delete messages from Outlook or not. If you don’t allow this, they will move the messages to a special POP folder instead. You would then manage the messages from Outlook.com to delete them.
If you have the older Outlook.com mailbox with the header that says Outlook.com rather than Outlook Mail, choose Options > Managing your account > Connect devices and apps with POP. Then, under POP, choose Enable, and Save.
Outlook.com POP Server Settings
The Outlook.com POP server settings for downloading new incoming messages to email program, cell phone or mobile device are:
- Outlook.com POP server address: pop-mail.outlook.com
- Outlook.com POP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (not an alias)
- Outlook.com POP Password: Your Outlook.com password
- Outlook.com POP port: 995
- Outlook.com POP Encryption method: SSL
- Outlook.com POP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
- Outlook.com IMAP Settings
- Note that you can also setup Outlook using IMAP as an alternative to POP.
- Outlook.com IMAP server name imap-mail.outlook.com
- Outlook.com IMAP port 993
- Outlook.com IMAP encryption method SSL
- Outlook.com Settings for Sending Email
To setup Outlook and send mail using an Outlook.com account from an email program, see the Outlook.com SMTP server settings.
- Outlook.com SMTP server name smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Outlook.com SMTP port 587
- Outlook.com SMTP encryption method TLS
- Troubleshooting Email Server Settings
While mobile devices and email programs have become more user-friendly for accessing your email accounts, you may run into problems during setup of Outlook. Check the POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings carefully. In the case of the POP server, there is a hyphen and periods in the server address that are easy to confuse or omit. The port number is also important, and you may have to change from a default port number to the correct one for Outlook.com.
You may have to attempt it a few of times to get it correct or inquire to a friend to lend you a hand to ensure that you aren’t misinterpreting the settings or repeatedly keying them incorrectly.
It is also possible that Outlook.com will change these settings. Check for the current settings from Microsoft Office Support or use the Settings menu on Outlook.com to find the updated settings.
Once you have the settings correct and POP enabled at Outlook.com, you should be able to download email and read it. If you have the outgoing SMTP settings correct, you will also be able to send mail from your mobile device or another email program with your Outlook.com identity. In case you need help figuring out Outlook POP3 server settings, please call us at 1-888-308-2550 or visit www.microsoft-customersupport.com.