How To troubleshoot Microsoft Word
The word processor Microsoft word was released on October 25 and the updated version of the same was developed further. The MS Word is the most widely used word processing program and is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Most of the users face issues using Microsoft Word. Here are some of the troubleshooting guidelines you can follow to overcome the errors while operating the program.
Settings are available on your windows to download and install the updates automatically.
Insert your document to another file if it is damaged
- The first step is to go to the file menu > Click on the new option >Blank document
- Find the Insert tab, Click Object > Text from file
- Choose the file or document which you want to insert and then click on the Insert button.
- Try using the /a switch, also known as the tool which is used to identify if a problem exists
Registry subkey to delete the word data
Registry subkey is where the most frequently used data is stored. Deleting your word data Registry subkey is the most common troubleshooting step. When you open a new Word document, the Registry subkey will be automatically rebuilt.
- During the above process, the Microsoft Word document will automatically reset the existing settings to default. The most recent word document available on the File menu will be resettled
- Disabling the startup folder add-ins becomes another important troubleshooting step to overcome Microsoft word errors
- Try to determine which add-in program is causing the problem and deactivate it
- Install the latest versions of the MS Word application to overcome the errors associated with the documents.
How to delete word data registry subkey
- Exit all the Microsoft office programs
- Go to the search box and type regedit and then locate the registry subkey
- You can now press Data>Export>File menu
- Name the file as reg and then Save the file to the desktop
- Click on Delete and then on the Yes option
- Press Ok and your word data registry key is now deleted
Follow the above guidelines when you come across errors associated with the Microsoft Word document. If you still find any difficulty in following the above guidelines, dial our toll-free number at +1-888-308-2550 and our Microsoft support team will assist you. Visit our page at microsoft-customersupport.com